Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Letter from The Church at Port a Piment

The following is a letter I received from Pastor Leon at Port a Piment. As he is leaving MEBLH and Haiti I have requested a letter of introduction from the new pastor. Once I receive this letter, I will post it here.

From : Port-a-Piment Baptist Church July 7th, 2007
To : Second May Cape Baptist Church
Subject : Information

.

Dear brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ.

We greet you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the debt you helped us pay. Paying this dept has been a great joy for us.

How are things for your church? We hope that everything is working fine for you. When we received the letter from you that told about all the different activities you have accomplished in your church we realized that it is important to keep praying for your church.

In Port-a-Piment we have had different kinds of activities too. We had a member convention, a reflection day with the youth, and we just finished Summer School for the kids. About 179 kids received a certificate and many of them received a gift from us. This month, we will have a regional convention too. This convention will happen at The Coteaux Baptist Church. I ask you to pray for me because at the end of this month I will leave for United State and I won’t back to Haiti anymore.

Once again, I would like to say thank you for all the help you gave me personally and the help given to the Port a Piment Church. I would like to share a verse with you found in the book of Philippians 3:16. “Nevertheless, to the degree that has already been attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind”.

Sincerely,
Pastor Leon Lacouture.

No comments :