Thursday, March 31, 2011

Aksyon de Gras: A Time to Give Thanks

Jules Gedna invited the RMI missionaries to a special service at his church. The service was called Aksyon de Grace. Literally translated it means action of grace; more figuratively it means a service of thanksgiving. The service was being held to celebrate his healing and his return to Haiti. Sunday, March 27, most of the missionary staff, Benjamin, and our visitors Joel and Laura Sutton took the steep, bumpy road out into the countryside to take part in the day. We were honored to be part of such a special service. There were groups from some of the district churches who sang, some of Jules pastoral associates read passages of thanksgiving from the Psalms, and many friends and even his mother and aunt were present to share in the special day.

Jules greeting the church and giving thanks to God for his healing.jules celebrating

It was a great day of fellowship and thanksgiving and it was really special to see Jules being honored and God’s graciousness being celebrated!

Here is a small portion of scripture that was read:
Psalm 116: 1-7
I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came over me; I was overcome by distress and sorrow. Then I called on the name of the LORD: “LORD, save me!” The LORD is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion. The LORD protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me. Return to your rest, my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.

1 comment :

PocoLocoMan said...

Wonderful! : )