Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A letter from your Sister Church

From: Port Salut Church.

To:  Abbeville Main Street UMC

My name is Jean Edert Pierre.  I am 45 years old.  I am the new Minister at Port Salut Baptist Church that you visited last summer. My wife’s name is Leonne Pierre, she is 45 years old too and she is a teacher. We have three boys: Renaud-Zicky, 12 years; Pherry, 11years old and Dinaud, 5 years.  Like my wife, I was born in a Christian family and our fathers were both Pastors in the same mission as well. I was ten years old when I took Jesus in my heart and since then I’ve been serving Him. I wanted to be a Doctor first and I started studies for that. But not a long time after I started, I heard a special message in my heart from the Lord telling me to heal souls for Him instead; and without contestation, I started my study in theology. Once graduated, I began my ministry.  That was in 1999.

I have a special ministry with the young people. We are praying for a spiritual and social expanding in the Port Salut church and we’d like you to pray with us about this. Our dream is to give assistance to our kids and give possibilities to our young Christians to help them avoid leaving the area to look for a trade or a job elsewhere. Leonne, my wife, is so active and has a special ministry with the ladies and the children’s association in our church. She wants to extend activities in the other churches connected to our pastoral district.

Thanks a lot for being our sister church. Let’s work together for the glory of the Lord. Like it is said in the book of Colossians 3:23, “let’s do everything we have to do not for men but the Lord.”

In the name of the whole congregation, we’re sending our love to each one of you.

May our Lord Jesus Christ richly bless you all!

Pastor:  Jean Edert Pierre and family

No comments :