Thursday, May 16, 2019

Meet Tessa Andrews, RMI's Newest Missionary


Tessa is a Florida native who grew up in the church with her mom and grandmother who are both Christians.  She has 2 stepsisters.  She had the opportunity to go on a mission trip with her church to Cite Lumiere in 2017.  Haiti and the ministries there really grabbed her heart and she found it very difficult to leave.  She heard of the need for teachers at the missionary kid school, located at Cite Lumiere and felt that God was calling her to teach at the school.  

Tessa shared, "...before I told anyone that I was praying about moving here, I had a moment where I was awestruck. My mama was cooking and came around to where I was sitting. She simply looked at me and said, 'if you ever wanted to move to Haiti I’d be okay with it.'  It was one of the times during my journey here that really just solidified that Haiti is where God wanted me."

She has lived in Haiti since August 2018. She is going into her second year of teaching early elementary students at Cite Lumiere Christian School.  Each year is different, based on the need...how many students there are in which grades.  When she is not teaching, she enjoys sharing her passion for ballet by teaching a class to missionary children. 

She'll officially be an RMI missionary at the end of May and shared, "I would love to participate in other RMI ministries when I am available to do so and as RMI needs me. I am very interested in the Hope for Kidz ministry in particular. I am very excited to be joining RMI, I love the missions focus on relationships with the Haitian church."

June, July and part of August will find her in her home area in north Florida working on raising her support.  If you would like to be a part of her very important ministry to missionary families, please go HERE to donateShe would also appreciate your prayers as she prepares for the new school year.

No comments :