Tuesday, December 05, 2017

The Angels are singing

The angels are rejoicing and singing.  Why?  Because 57 people recently gave their lives to Christ in an open air service in Dame Marie, Haiti.  Because 57 people’s lives were transformed that night. 

PB121474Pastor Guy Glass of Myakka City, FL was in Dame Marie with his church, Bethany Baptist Church, visiting their C3 partner church.  Each time they visit they hold an open air service in the town square for the people of the community, but this time the deacons took them to an entirely new area.  The service drew quite a crowd.  Pastor Guy shared his sermon through an RMI staff translator, sharing the plan of salvation at the end.  As he prepared to give the invitation, he turned to the visiting team and asked them to pray.  At first it seemed like no one was going to respond.  Then one man came forward.  Then another.  A couple more people came forward, then several more and by the end of time, 57 people had come forward to give their lives to Christ. 

PB121449Pastor Guy and the team shared that it was an amazing time – and how overwhelmed they were at the response!  God answered their prayers in a big way.

It was especially encouraging that the next day 54 of those 57 people who came forward showed up at the church to begin their follow-up and discipleship classes.  These folks were serious about their commitments!  And the deacons of the church got right to work.

We at RMI are humbled and excited to be a part of the big picture of transforming lives in Haiti…. lives in Haiti and lives of people on teams. 

One team member recently shared…

“Throughout the trip, teams members and others often asked me if I would come back to Haiti. My answer was always the same: "Ask me when the trip is over." During our time there, I was fairly certain that I would never, and I mean NEVER, do this again. But in retrospect, I realize that God, through moments of great joy and great heartbreak that we all witnessed, changed my heart and my head while in Haiti. I cannot deny the blessings that God has poured out on me since coming home, and I KNOW it is because I did what He wanted me to do. In short, I will definitely be back.”

It’s very special to be a part of God’s work.

No comments :