Thursday, November 03, 2016

A Photo Update from RMI...


Tales of survival: The pastor of the Boyer church shared his family’s experience: “It was midnight when the hurricane winds started. I woke up and got out of bed. I heard the second floor of my house, the one that I use for school, fall down. After a couple minutes, I heard the roof of the church fall down and metal sheets blowing around everywhere outside. I didn’t know what to do but I kept crying out, “Jesus, I am in your hands”. It was very dark and I couldn’t see because there was no electricity. We were so scared, we even forgot where we put the flashlight. Because it was dark, and the winds were very high outside, we couldn’t go anywhere to take refuge. The scariest thing happened at 3 a.m. The ocean waters came into the house and start filling the parsonage. I became so afraid, I decided that we needed to leave the house to find shelter but the winds were really high. Finally, it was so dangerous in the house that we didn’t have a choice. My wife and I were obliged to go up the hill to a widow from the church and take refuge in her home. When I went home after the hurricane, I found everything flooded under the ocean water. However, even though we lost everything, the most important thing for me was that God saved us. We praise His name for that.”

No comments :