Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The RMI Family Continues to Grow!

perguens

Many of you have gotten to know and love Perguens Hyppolite as he has traveled with many of our teams as a translator. He has always done a great job translating and everyone loves him!

While he was often hired as one of our translators he was not on staff with RMI full time. However, we are now excited to welcome him to the RMI family as a full time staff member. He will continue to travel out with teams as a translator but he will also have additional administrative responsibilities in the office and will work closely along side Benjamin.

Here’s a little bit abut Perguens: He writes:

I grew up in the Simon area in Cayes. I have one brother and one sister and I am the youngest of the three. I participated in a three year program of study which included agriculture, veterinary studies, and theology and I just graduated in January. In my free time I enjoy playing basketball and I love to study the word of God. I love Jesus and I love to sing.

Now I am working with RMI and I love my job very much. I love the job because it a way to serve my brothers and sisters. In my work, I am learning what the word ‘team’ truly means because I see that in RMI we work together side by side as a team and I am excited to see how this is happening. When I go out with a Sister Church team I always try to seize the opportunity to share the gospel with those I meet. It’s such a blessing for me to do what I am doing with RMI. God has commanded us to love one another and I am thankful that He has given me the chance to do that through the work RMI has given me to do. I would like to leave with you my favorite scripture, James 1:12, Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love him.

We are thankful that God has sent Perguens to us and we are happy to have him as part of the team!

No comments :