Wednesday, August 17, 2011

RMI’s Sister Church Partnerships are Changing Lives…

Much of our focus is on ministering to the Haitian people. Yet, it may be most exciting to me when I sense God is up to something big in the lives, hearts and minds of the American team members that visit Haiti. Something special and unique happens when 2 cultures come together in relationship. Dan Shoemaker, RMI President, labeled it correctly: the “Ministry of Presence”. What happens during the “ministry of presence” is extraordinary. Something dynamic, almost magical, happens when a Haitian brother and/or sister and an American brother and/or sister are simply present with one another. Worshipping together, working together, serving together, eating together, praying together…

Viola Irons, Principal within the Miami-Dade Public School System, member of Florida Bible Church, in Miramar, FL, and member of the recent team who visited their Sister Church in Maniche, Haiti, said, “I have grown more in this week than I ever have in my entire life”. [She gave me permission to share this]. This isn’t the first time I have heard this. I am sure it won’t be the last. I love what we do both for the Haitian Church, and also for the American Church.

Rob

No comments :