Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Welcome Marie France!

For some time now, Marie France has been going out with many of our Sister Church teams to help with translation. Everyone loves her and the women especially enjoy having her translate for the Ladies Tea. About two weeks ago, Marie France started working with us in our office, assisting us with some secretarial tasks as well as helping translate documents and letters. We are excited to have her on board with us! We asked her to introduce herself to the world wide web and here is what she wrote:

marie france 2

I was born in Haiti but I grew up on an island close to the Bahamas called Turks and Caicos. I returned to Haiti eleven year ago. I live in Cayes in an area known as Simone where I attended grade school and high school. I spent 2 years in college to become a secretary then, went Port au Prince for six months for additional training. I also attended a one- month-long seminar to receive training as ticketing agent for an air line.

Because I grew up on an island were they spoke English I have been able to serve the Lord with my knowledge by translating for a lot of teams that come from the States to visit Haiti. I was doing the Lords work with another group from the states when I was introduced to RMI. By that path the Lord led me to them as part time staff, occasionally translating for teams as well as for Hope for Kids letters. I also taught 2 of the RMI staff Creole and I teach some kids in the neighborhood English during the summer.

I love to work with RMI because they are doing a great and important job by helping people in Haiti, especially the kids. The bible says in Proverbs 8:17-19, I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me. Riches and honor are with me, Enduring riches and righteousness. My fruit is better than gold, than fine gold, and my revenue than choice silver.

So I encourage you to keep doing what you’re doing and continue serving the Lord because the Bible says your work will not be vain.

No comments :