Wednesday, February 10, 2010

CIU Alumni Responding to Haiti Earthquake

Our alma mater, Columbia International University, has a great synopsis of various alumni who are helping in Haiti. You should recognize the first alumni featured. Click here to find the article. We couldn’t ask for better publicity!

While Dan was in Haiti this last trip, I had fun attending an alumni gathering at the home of a CIU Board member (and personal friend) who lives in Ft. Myers. After the dinner, CIU Chancellor, George Murray, wanted to have a special prayer for Dan & Haiti. He turned to me & asked "How can we pray for Haiti?" A million things ran through my head but nothing came out of my mouth. How can you narrow down all the needs (physical, spiritual, emotional, educational, governmental) ...of the Haitian people to 1 thing?

That God would use this disaster in Haiti to bring people to Him was all I could come up with. I felt a bit silly being speechless after sharing so much about Haiti earlier in the evening!